Protecting Accident Victims’ Rights To Fair Compensation
Anytime you get into a car, you are at risk of being involved in a serious collision that can have a severe effect on your life. Auto accident victims often need emergency trauma care and ongoing treatment, the costs of which can easily reach tens or hundreds of thousands of dollars. In addition, some victims are unable to return to work for some time, if at all. The losses can be devastating.
At Salomon & Aquino, LLC, we have been helping accident victims like you for more than 55 years. We handle car accident cases in New Jersey every single day. Allow us to help you deal with the real issues of getting better while we fight to get justice from the insurance companies and make sure that your medical bills get paid. We know how to give you reliable and practical answers that will provide you with the first few steps to move past this accident.
There is no fee unless we win your case. There is no fee for an initial consultation. There is no reason to delay calling to get your questions answered – and get the compensation you deserve.
Types Of Auto Accidents In A Personal Injury Case
No two auto crashes are exactly alike. Collisions can take place in different ways, for different reasons, and can cause a variety of injuries and property damage. The value of your case and the best approach to take in pursuing a claim will depend on different factors, including the nature and severity of the crash and the type of injuries you sustained.
Also, believe it or not, reviewing your insurance policy (or someone’s in your household) is critical to asserting a motor vehicle accident claim. It determines:
- How much coverage you have for medical treatment
- Whether you have coverage for drivers who have no coverage or inadequate coverage (called uninsured or underinsured coverage)
- Whether there is a tort limitation on your ability to assert a claim for bodily injury
After reviewing your policy, we will determine whether the accident was caused by another party’s negligence and what specific negligent act caused the crash. The following are only some examples of the reasons for car accident claims:
- Distracted driving – Texting, eating, using a cellphone, using GPS, reading, grooming, talking to passengers and similar activities while driving can all result in serious crashes and injuries.
- Impaired driving – In New Jersey, it is unlawful and negligent to drive with a blood alcohol content (BAC) of .08% or more or a BAC of .04% for a commercial driver. It is also negligent to drive with any drugs in your system that can impair your ability to drive safely.
- Aggressive driving – Drivers can allow their impatience with traffic to bring out the worst in them, resulting in speeding, tailgating, trying to intimidate other drivers and road rage incidents.
- Breaking traffic laws – Traffic safety laws are in place for a reason and their violations may result in a serious crash.
- Running traffic signals – Running red lights or disobeying stop signs or traffic signs generally results in collisions, especially at intersections.
- Dangerous truck drivers – Drivers of large commercial trucks can cause severe damage and injuries to other motorists when they fail to abide by traffic safety laws or drive their trucks in a negligent manner.
- Defective auto parts – Auto companies sometimes sell vehicle components that are defective or faulty. If brakes, tires or other critical component malfunctions, a collision may result and the company selling the parts should be held accountable.
- Dangerous roads – The government is in charge of inspecting and maintaining most roadways and keeping them free from potentially dangerous hazards or conditions. If the government fails to do so and an accident happens as a result, it may be held liable for injuries and damages sustained by the victims.
One reason we encourage you to consult with us as soon as possible after a collision is that it will allow us to visit the accident site and collect evidence, such as video footage from traffic surveillance cameras, tire skid marks, etc., before it is lost or tampered with. Let us do for you what we do best: go to battle for our clients to get them every penny they deserve. You will not regret putting your faith in us to protect your interests.
Injuries From Auto Accidents
Depending on the type of collision that occurred and the speed at which the vehicles were moving, car accidents can cause a wide range of serious injuries. Some of the most common injuries include:
- Traumatic brain injury
- Internal organ damage
- Neck or back injuries
- Spinal cord injury
- Broken bones
- Soft tissue injuries
Common damages from these injuries include extensive medical bills, lost income, pain and suffering, emotional trauma, and more. Proving bodily injury claims can be challenging. The insurance companies of the driver/s who caused you your injury may argue that you are faking an injury, or that the injuries short of the obvious, e.g., broken bones, paralysis or burns, existed before and were not caused by the collision (they call that “degenerative”) and you were not aware of these hidden injuries. In other words, it’s just a “coincidence” that you went to the hospital or needed medical treatment after a car crash. And, it’s a “coincidence” that your life turned upside down after being injured in a collision. Silly right? Well, in the wrong hands and without a detailed understanding of anatomy and the mechanisms of injury, an unskilled attorney could have a very difficult time establishing that your injuries and treatment are related to the collision.
Here, at Salomon & Aquino, LLC, we have been protecting the injured for half a century and while our passion still makes us disgusted every time we see these arguments from the defense, we turn that passion into zeal to make sure that the insurance company and, if necessary, a jury understand and acknowledge your loss.
Retain A Qualified And Skilled Representation If You Have Been Injured
Following a serious injury in a car accident, it can be difficult to know where to turn for help. Insurance companies make money when you don’t and they put up roadblocks for the unskilled and uninitiated every step of the way. Fortunately, our car accident attorney at Salomon & Aquino, LLC, travels that road every single day to benefit their clients and will stand by to do the same for you. We understand the value of your life, a life worth enjoying, and will aggressively fight to get you the compensation you deserve. Please call 973-315-7957 today and let us begin to help you at no cost or obligation.