Protecting The Legal Rights Of Individuals In Slip-And-Fall Accidents
According to the National Safety Council, almost 9 million people each year visit the emergency room because of injuries sustained in slip-and-fall accidents. If you slip or trip and fall, you risk serious injuries and potentially long-term medical problems.
You may be worried about how you will pay for your medical bills and how you can recover your lost wages. We can help. At Salomon & Aquino, LLC, we protect the rights of people who have suffered serious slip-and-fall injuries.
When these kinds of accidents are the result of someone else’s negligence, victims are generally entitled to financial compensation for the losses they sustain. Examples of the kinds of damages that are often successfully recovered after a slip-and-fall accident include the following:
- Medical expenses
- Loss of income
- Cost of household chores you cannot perform
- Loss of quality of life
- Physical and emotional pain and suffering
Determining If You Have A Case
Slipping and hurting yourself does not necessarily mean that you will be able to recover compensation. You must be able to establish that your accident was caused by the negligence of another person.
With more than 55 years of experience representing clients in personal injury lawsuits, we have successfully handled many slip-and-fall cases. From accidents due to ice and snow on the pavement, parking lot accidents, to accidents due to cracks in the sidewalk, we have seen almost every type of case.
The first question we will ask is what made you fall? If you don’t have a good answer to that, you probably don’t have a case.
If you are convinced that someone’s negligence contributed to your accident, we urge you to do two things to protect your interests. First, take a photograph of whatever made you fall, whether it is a crack in the street, an unlevel sidewalk, a broken curb, a protruding object or accumulated snow or ice. That picture will be the foundation of your case.
Second, look around the area where you fell and see if there are any store or traffic cameras that may have videotaped your fall. The third step is to call us. If there is a camera, we know how to take steps to preserve that footage and obtain it. But do not delay in reaching out to us. If you wait, chances are the defect or condition that caused your fall will be repaired or may disappear and the videotape of your fall could be erased or lost.
How These Cases Occur
Some of the more common examples of hazardous conditions that may be caused by someone’s negligence include the following:
- Exposed electrical wiring
- Failing to manage snow or ice
- Torn carpet
- Slippery floors
- Liquid spills
- Debris in walkways
- Inadequate lighting
- Improper flooring material
- Stairwells without handrails
- Cracked pavement
It is important to keep in mind that whether a particular condition was the result of negligence depends on a number of factors. For example, a wet floor itself is not necessarily a sign that negligence has occurred. The question is whether a particular person was negligent in a given situation. While it may be reasonable to clean up a wet floor within five minutes of a spill occurring, waiting an hour may not be reasonable. As a result, a person who slipped and fell within five minutes of a spill happening would likely not be able to recover compensation, but a person who slipped an hour after an accident will probably have a stronger case.
Put Our Experience In Your Corner
The information above should make it clear that you should find a slip-and-fall attorney in New Jersey as soon as you can after an accident occurs. Don’t just call the first attorney whose ad appears on your computer or television screen, however. Naturally, we would like you to call us, but below are reasons why we think you should call us if you are a victim of a slip-and-fall accident:
- Experience – As Salomon & Aquino, LLC, and its predecessor, we bring more than 55 years of experience to the table. Michael Aquino, Esq., has almost 30 years’ experience litigating these types of claims. Setting aside experience, if we accept your case we always use an expert and personally visit the site of the fall with you to make our own assessment of what happened. Experience and passion to do what is right for you is a potent combination on your side.
- Personal attention – Call us and experience our informal natural style firsthand. We usually return every call the same day or, at the latest, within 24 hours. There is no such thing as the “lawyer is too busy to speak with you.” What are we here for, if not to help you?
- Fees – We don’t charge a fee if we don’t win. Other attorneys do the same, so the real focus should be on what you get for your fee? With us, you get personal attention, a staff that will treat you like family and a no-cost approach to winning your case and putting your interests first. At the end of the day, nothing else really matters.
Prompt Action Is Important
It is important to act quickly if you are injured in a slip-and-fall or trip-and-fall accident that you believe was caused by another person’s carelessness. Call 973-315-7957 or reach us online to schedule a free consultation.
GET THE LEGAL REPRESENTATION YOU NEED FOR YOUR SLIP-AND-FALL CASE!